I grew up in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois where from the age of 13, I actively participated in Track and Field, Cross-country, and Gymnastics. I was blessed to have a supportive family, and a father that was my High School track coach. Currently I live in Mound with my husband of 21 years Peter and our 3 boys Bjorn (19), Anders (16), and Nels (12). (Yes we are Swedish!). Besides coaching, I teach a 3 yr old class and pre-K class at Excelsior Covenant Preschool. The highlight of my summer for the past 8 years has been to lead a children’s program on an annual mission trip to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
- This is my 22nd year of coaching track and Field at Minnetonka H.S.
- 15 years coaching Cross-Country at Minnetonka H.S.
- 2007 Section 6AA assistant coach of the year in both track and CC
- Coached 5 past/current school record holders: 100MH, 300MH, & TJ
- Coached multiple state participants in the Hurdles and Triple Jump
Personal Athletic Achievements:
- 4X state participant in the Illinois AA State Track Meet (Hurdles & relays)
- Placed 2nd in 200MH (28.6) *School retired record
- Placed 5th in 100MH (14.3)
- Multiple all-conference and all Section awards over 4 years
- In the summer I participated in High School State & National Track Meets
- Qualified 1 week summer camp @ the Olympic Training Center in Colorado.
- 2 time state participant in the Illinois AA State Cross-Country meet
- Member of the 3rd place state team
- High School Senior athlete of the year
1986 awarded an athletic scholarship at University of Minnesota
- Letter winner/ competed on their travel team for 3 years.
- Traveled to Sweden where for 2 weeks I competed in track meets
1989 Transferred to North Park University in Chicago
- Member of the Cross-Country team, (Schools top 20 5k of all time)
- All-Conference: 100MH, 400MH, Triple Jump, 4x400 M Relay
- Qualified Indoor Nationals 55 M Hurdles and the 800M (2:17.34)
- All-American: 55 MH 4th Pl. (8.43)
- Qualified Outdoor Nationals in the 100M Hurdles & 400M Hurdles
- All-American: 400 MH 3rd pl. (62.04) (false start DQ 100MH)
- North Park School records in: 100MH, 400 M, 55MH indoor (current), 800 M indoor (current), 400 MH (current)
- 1991 North Park Senior Athlete of the Year
- 2010 inducted into the North Park University Athletic Hall of Fame